Jeanette Chong22557

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Best Investment

Here I am at 37 years of age starting my life over again.

After my divorce, I was left me in a world of debt. The divorce officially ended in 2002, but it took three years until I realized that I could no longer manage the debt. In 2005, I filed chapter 7. It was a hard decision for me, but I heard God whisper in my ear If Trump can do it, so can you.

In that same year I lost both my job and my apartment. Nevertheless, I managed to maintain a profound peace throughout all of this. Why? I had learned to really trust God throughout all of this struggle and turmoil.

I left the Midwest and moved back home to New Jersey; a place where it seemed to me that the people were selfish, inconsiderate and fake. I looked at the people (church, family and friends) I left behind five years ago and realized that nothing had changed, that is, except for me. And, I realized that what needed to change was not my environment, but me. I knew that regardless of what I thought, I had to trust and believe that Jesus will see me through.

In February of 2006, I landed a temporary position with an attorney, whose office technology was so far behind I dubbed him Mr. Flintstone. After five months working to bring his office halfway into the 21st century, I was told my services were no longer needed. I was abruptly let go on Thursday, June 15th.

On Friday, June 16th the attorney had an arbitration case that he was able to settle for a quarter of a million dollars! The attorney realized that the animated medical illustration that I provided for him was the main factor that aided in the adversary wanting to settle the case. In fact, the opposing side, as well as the arbitrator, was so impressed with the illustration that everyone asked where he got it from. All the attorney could say was a staff member researched and found it for him.

The medical assistant in the office told the attorney that All Tabitha was trying to do was to bring your office up to date with technology. It was at that moment the attorney called me so that we can meet for lunch and gave me two hundred dollars as his way of appeasing his conscious. I was pissed. It was at this turning point in my life that I was angry enough to go into business for myself. I said to myself, If my skills can help someone elses bottom line then why in the world I cant do it for myself!

It was then I started tapping into my childhood dreams, which was performing arts and writing. So in October and December of 2006 after saving up some money (through temp assignments) and doing extensive research on production companies and the self-publishing market ForEver Word International (www.foreverword.org) and Vinson Publishing (http://www.vinsonpublishing.com) were born respectively.

Taking my passion for dance, which I have done in churches on the East coast and Midwest, holding seminars and telling short stories, I took my two passions and started two businesses.

My first book Check Your Keys is slated to make its debut winter of 2007.

Regardless of the challenges faced I am sticking with my mantra

I AM MY OWN BEST INVESTMENT!

Tabitha Vinson, who is often described by many as a motivational worshiper, lives on the East Coast after living in the Midwest for a brief period of time. In addition to being the founder of ForEver Word, this woman of regard is also the CEM of Vinson Publishing, LLC, an up and coming publishing company. She was the Co-Executive Producer of a Midwest television show titled Higher Ground. Some of the honors she has received are the HKC Eagle Award of Encouragement in 2003 and she was also inducted into Manchesters Whos Who Among Executive Professionals (2004).Dog Pet Small Supply
Florida Condo For Sale By Owner
Augustine Condo Florida Rental St

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home